Alumina is a white, crystalline form of aluminum oxide with a sand-like consistency. We are the world’s largest third-party producer.
Most of the alumina we produce is smelter-grade, used to make aluminum metal. We also produce what’s known as non-metallurgical alumina, sold for a variety of industrial applications such as water purification and creation of refractory.
World leadership in production and sustainability.
- World’s first and only low-carbon alumina brand, EcoSource™.
- Installed capacity: 17 million metric tons/year.
- Six refineries in Australia, Brazil and Spain.
- Our three-refinery operation in Western Australia is the world's biggest single source of alumina, able to supply eight percent of the global market.
- 25% share in the refinery that is part of our Ma’aden joint venture in Saudi Arabia.